how to quickly put your phone on silent / vibrate mode
When you are at a hospital or in a meeting, the last thing you would want is your phone chiming. It is a cumbersome navigation you will need to do before you put your phone on silent / vibrate. However, the below steps will guide you on how to put your phone in silent / vibrate or vice versa without even unlocking your phone.
- Press the power button to wake your screen if you phone is locked.
- Press the volume up / down button.
- This will pop up the ringer / audio player menu.
- You will see the ringer icon (or a vibrate icon) based on the current setting to the top-right corner.
- Tap on top of the ringer to change the mode.
You can toggle between “ring+vibrate” and “vibrate” if you have the vibrate on.
You can toggle between “ring” and “silent” if you have the vibrate turned off.
To change this setting,
- Navigate to settings.
- Tap on “ringtones+sounds”
- Set your preference for “Ringer” or “Vibrate” as needed.
This how to is written based on Windows Phone 8. Actual functionality might differ from device to device. Some features may not be available with pre-Windows Phone 8.